Deemix

December 25, 2007

What’s the coolest sounding thing you can’t eat?


My Answer: Amanita. It’s a genus of killer mushrooms, it eats away your liver and no antidote is available. This genus consists of many edible varieties but the risk is definitely not worth the reward. Given that 95% of all the mushroom poisoning cases reported point their fingers at Amanita and at least 50% of these cases were caused by accidentally or ignorantly consuming the Death Cap aka “the world’s most dangerous mushroom”. The fun part is that death caps are relatively rare in most parts of the US, but they are fairly common in the San Francisco bay area. Time to go mushroom hunting, Ki ready?

Advertisements

3 Comments »

  1. Gee, thats looking so beautiful!! Interesting.

    Comment by Bix — December 25, 2007 @ 10:21 pm | Reply

  2. it can be eaten, i have many times, produces an entheogenic experience.
    the sacred mushroom and the cross.

    Comment by Bob D — October 18, 2008 @ 5:48 am | Reply

  3. more facts would have been nice and what is the mushrooms name???

    Comment by Megan — May 5, 2011 @ 7:32 am | Reply


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: